If you love listening to music on the go, you’ll love Spotify.
Spotify is one of the world’s best-known music and podcast apps, a true pioneer in the mobile music industry.
What is Spotify?
Spotify is undoubtedly one of the biggest success stories in the music world, the largest app of its kind for streaming music, videos, and podcasts. Based in Stockholm, the app brings content from all over the world, offering the ability to download and play music offline. It is free, but there is an affordable premium subscription for those who want to enjoy every feature Spotify offers.
Spotify offers two main levels of access: free and premium. The free version offers tons of features:
- Millions of podcasts, videos, music tracks, and albums
- Find your favorites or try new creators via personalized recommendations
- Easy search – simply type part of a lyric
- Fantastic sound quality, regardless of device
- Create playlists and share them with friends or on social media
- Daily music mixes
- Choose music from different decades, countries, or genres
- Love Netflix shows? Find your favorite tunes
- Subscribe to podcasts and bookmark them into a playlist
- Sing along using the on-screen lyrics
- Popular Radio feature
- More than 40 categories to choose from
- Sign up with Facebook or an email address
If you choose to go premium, you get to enjoy even more features:
- No ads
- Download to listen offline whenever you want to – Free is limited to online only which requires an internet connection.
- On-demand playback
- Better sound quality
- Unlimited skips – Free is limited to 6 per hour
- Four subscription options
How to Download Spotify:
Downloading and using Spotify is simple. Click on the download buttons below.
Spotify offers four paid subscriptions:
- Premium: $9.99 per month
- Duo: $12.99
- Family: $15.99
- Student: $4.99
When you first start using Spotify, it is quite basic and requires you to find your music manually. However, the more you listen, the better it gets, as the app makes personalized recommendations based on the music, videos, and podcasts you listen to – it’s a great way to find new artists!
Spotify is a great app for music aficionados and for those who just want to listen to their favorite music. It offers plenty of podcasts on different subjects, millions of tunes, albums, and even videos, pretty much something for everyone. And if you enjoy the free version, sign up for a subscription and enjoy even more.